Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Belle Epoque Habotai Sand Washed Silk 15MM Sheet Set

Belle Epoque King Habotai Sand Washed Silk 15MM Sheet Set, Silver BlueThese lovely sheets were used on the guest bed. The pillow cases are now used daily on the family bed. Theses $400 sheets were laundered 3-4 times on the hand wash setting yet shredded into tatters while on the bed! My guests were horrified as was I. The bottom sheet shredded first. I thought that was strange and that some one must have carelessly ripped it. A few iron on patches, and I put the sheets back on the guest bed. Th occassional houseguest usually stays one or two nights.

Next visitor stayed a week and the top sheet was literally in shreds. If I had a way to upload it I would add a photo. The pillow cases have not torn anywhere and I use them daily on the family bed???

Of course, being used on a guest bed, the process to discover the lousy quality of the silk used in the expensive Belle Epoch sheets took longer to discover than the time allowed in the return policy to return a product and Amazon says I cannot return them. Because the pillow cases have not torn, (and they are thrown on with regular laundry vs the hand wash cycle used for the sheets) and because the sheets cost so much, Amazon should do some type of restoration reimbursement for this loss.

Do not buy Belle Epoch silk bed sheets!!

I've had these for two years now, washing them once a week. Maybe I'm just lucky, but the other set I have has lasted, too.

I have a font load washer, with hand wash setting, and I only use Charlie's Soap, which is recommended for silk.

Buy Belle Epoque Habotai Sand Washed Silk 15MM Sheet Set Now

No comments:

Post a Comment