+'s: Definitely more comfortable than a standard mattress, does conform to your body curves (eventually, if the house is not too cool in the winter), my wife likes it well enough and does not complain about any particular aches and pains.
-'s: Sleeps hot in the summer (especially if you keep the house a bit warm, even with the mattress protector), and doesn't warm up as quickly in a cool house in the winter (a double whammy), hard to clean, expensive
If I had to do it again, personally, I'd look into a Westin Heavenly Bed or similar... But there is so much more info out on the web than when we bought, so I am sure I'd be doing a bit of research.I was looking all over amazon to find the exact Tempur-Pedic brand name mattress that I bought a few years ago and this one was the closest I could find. Please keep in mind I bought a queen sized mattress that cost over $3000 at the time.
Although I cannot comment on the newer tempurpedic mattresses, this one just wasn't worth the money. Like the other reviewer, I tried my hardest to love the mattress, especially because of the amount paid. However, after sleeping on it for years, I can honestly say that it was one of the worst purchasing decisions I've ever made. It's one of those mattresses where you might have laid on it at a friend or relatives house, maybe you even gave it a test drive, at which point it probably felt like laying on clouds. But you should know that feeling doesn't last forever. It's a great mattress to lounge on. Great to lay on for a few minutes, maybe take a power nap, but if you continue to use it as your daily sleeper, you might develop some back and neck aches like I did.
My job requires me to spend most of time sitting by a computer. On average I'll spend 6-8 hours on a computer. With that being said, you can imagine the need for a supportive bed to help align my spine when I'm sleeping. I believed all the tempur-pedic infomercials and the hype, which led me to jump on the tempur-pedic bandwagon. I slept great for the first week, maybe even the first month, I don't really remember. I do remember that after a short period of time, I started to develop back and neck aches. During the day at work I would struggle to keep a decent posture and I was constantly moving around to attend to these aches. The aches got worse and my sleep quality was terrible. I would wake up at least 5 times during the night and I'd also know in the morning, how much I was tossing and turning. I'd also wake up bitter and angry at my sleep quality. I gave my mattress to my brother, who later also complained about neck and back pains and gave the mattress back to me. Since then I have given the mattress away to a friend who uses it as floor mattress to lounge on and I am now sleeping on a cheap $600 mattress, which by the way, has cured all of my back/neck aches.
I gave the product 2 stars, which is being EXTREMELY generous. I rated it this way only because of the material used. It's built with high quality materials and it's very sturdy, heavy too. But beware of the memory foam, if you sleep on the same spot continuously, you'll eventually make an imprint of your body shape that causes the material to lose its 'memory' in that area. So you'll end up having some areas that sink in easier, which will eventually cause your body to sleep in a sloped or slanted state. I only weigh 180 pounds so I'd hate to imagine what kind of imprint a heavier individual could cause. The only decent position I could sleep in was on my sides (guess the brand icon gave that one away), but even then after a few minutes your body will start sinking in and your pillow will push your neck up, also causing aches and soreness.
Hope my review can persuade some of you to save your money and buy a better mattress.
Buy Tempur-Pedic® Classic King Mattress Set Now
I recently purchased one of Tempur-pedic's newer beds, the Cloud Supreme. It felt wonderful when I laid on it in the store, but once I slept on it, I discovered all the muscles in my back and neck went into spasms. I tried to return the mattress to the retailer, but it was a floor model and they would not take it back. I hated getting out of bed in the morning because my back, shoulders and neck hurt so much I could hardly stand up straight, much less walk. In desperation, I purchased a semi-firm, 2" natural latex topper and put it on the bed with a mattress protector. Huge difference! I'm a tiny bit stiff in my mid back when I get up in the morning, but nothing like I was using the mattress alone. It also makes moving around on the bed a great deal easier. I'd suggest you Google Tempur-pedic complaints before buying one of these mattresses.Read Best Reviews of Tempur-Pedic® Classic King Mattress Set Here
If your back hurts this is a good bed but it is hard. I can only sleep on it for a couple nights before I'm find myself back in the guest room on the Jamison pillow top.I HAD TO PLACE AN ELECRIC BED BLANKET ON IT TO HEAT IT ENOUGH TO MAKE IT SOFT WHEN I LIVED UP IN THE NC MOUNTIANS AND THE HOUSE WAS COOL. BEWARE OF THIS! NOT FOR COLD CLIMATES!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment