Thursday, May 1, 2014

Leachco Back 'N Belly Contoured Body Pillow

Leachco Back 'N Belly Contoured Body Pillow, IvoryI purchased this pillow with the desire to have it help me stay on my side throughout the night, but it was a huge disappointment. Other reviewers noted the "seam" at the top seemed to be "uncomfortable" and would "dig into my shoulders." These reviewers were absolutely correct. This video shows the challenges with that seam and allows you to choose whether or not to take the plunge. Leachco offers no solutions to assist with this problem, but I tried several and nothing worked.

1. Place a pillow in the U groove (too bulky)

2. Put your head on the separated side where the feet belong (the pillow separated too much and I ended up on my back)

3. Pull the feet closer together (I had them overlapped at one point)

4. Pull my head down and away from the seam to get it off my shoulder (my neck was at some weird vertical angle)

5. Take the outer cover off (although the outer cover had a worse seam than the inner product, this didn't really help)

I acutally had dreams about showing people the groove markings on my neck. The pain was so significant while I was asleep that it infiltrated my dreams. Perhaps this product is more defective than most and my complaints are worse than most, but you will be able to judge for yourself. If you look close enough in the video, you might see the threads pulling at the seam, and considering this pillow has been used for one night, that should not be the case.

One recommendation that other reviewers had that was great was to cut off one end of a pillow case and place it at the top of the U to avoid cleaning as often. I did this, but it didn't help the seam.

I simply cannot recommend a product that I cannot sleep with and it will be returned tomorrow.

One final note this video includes some brief coverage of the Leachco Snoogle which is shown in the picture. The snoogle takes up about 15% of the review time, while the Back N Belly pillow takes the other 85%.Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow

A totally worthwhile investment!

About 12 weeks into my pregnancy, my hips were already aching so badly that I couldn't sleep. I went online and searched for pregnancy pillows and this was the only one I found that mentioned alleviating hip and shoulder pain.

It works. The first night I used it, I slept all through the night with no pain whatsoever.

I agree with other reviewers the cover is poorly designed and the seam at the U-curve really cut into my shoulder. But I have since inverted the pillow and sleep with my regular pillow slung across the "legs." I like this better as it doesn't prop my head up so high.

The other way I have positioned this pillow is to wrap the "legs" around to create little circular nest to put my belly into so I can nap on my stomach. I can't say it's too comfortable for long-term sleeping, but the novelty of resting in something other than a side-lying position is pure bliss! It also makes my back readily available for massages...

I have a queen sized bed and my husband hasn't complained a bit about being crowded out. He snuggles right up to me in my "nest" and is still hogging most of the bed, as usual.

Overall, I would highly recommend this pillow particularly to pregnant women suffering from hip and shoulder pain. Don't worry about the negative comments about the poor design. The cover could definitely be a improved upon, but it's not a deal-breaker. You just learn to compensate for it with different positions, etc. Hopefully the manufacturer will either fix the seam or offer different pillow covers, but even if they never do, you won't want to be without this wonderful pillow.

Buy Leachco Back 'N Belly Contoured Body Pillow Now

I got this when I was just beginning to show and I loved it so much. I heard all the other pregnant women who couldn't sleep because they couldn't get comfortable; obviously they didn't have this touch of heaven. It is big, but i slept in a different bed while i was pregnant(why torture my husband with my bizarre sleep patterns and continuous trips to the bathroom while i was pregnant?). So if you have a queen you and your hubby will have a tight fit in bed with this pillow, but it would be fine with a king. I cut the end out of pillow case so I could have an extra cover over the pillow for my face area(so I didn't have to wash off my eye makeup if i wanted to catch a quick nap). The case that comes over the pillow is great, but you don't want to be taking it off every week to wash, just cut the end out of a pillowcase you don't like anymore and wash the big case less frequently.

Read Best Reviews of Leachco Back 'N Belly Contoured Body Pillow Here

At 6 monthes pregnant I was just starting to have alot of trouble sleeping. I bought this pillow and I love it! I sleep straight through the night now with out tossing and turning trying to get comfortable. I have alot less trouble with back pain throughout the day since using this product. Unlike some of the other pregnancy body pillows I've seen, this one supports both the total back and belly at the same time. It feels so cozy. It also helps keep me on my side because with out it I tend to end up on my back every night. My husband says I look so comfortable sleeping with this pillow that he wants to use the pillow to sleep after I have the baby. He'll have to fight me for it! Sometimes I even use it to sit or lay comfortably on the couch or floor. You can use it in so many ways. Definetely worth the money! At first I was afraid when ordering the pillow that it would take up too much space in our queen size bed and bother my husband but I was so glad to find out it really doesn't. Great product. I would recommend every pregnant woman who has back pain and trouble sleeping to buy this pillow. I am now 8 1/2 monthes and I am still using it. I have also washed it and it washes well.

Want Leachco Back 'N Belly Contoured Body Pillow Discount?

Everyone is different in their sleep comfort and no pillow is perfect. It took me some time when I first got the pillow to find my method. (Believe me, I am very picky about sleep positions.)

I lay the pillow with the open end at my head and touch the ends together. Then I lay my regular pillow just over the top. I kind of snuggle in between on my side with my legs on top of the bottom end of the pillow. It tooks a few nights to get used to sleeping with my legs slightly elevated and extra cusion under my neck, but now I love it. It is comparable to sleeping before pregnancy. I wish I would have had it with my first child!!

Getting used to sleeping with a growing middle is a challenge. I really think this pillow provides the best support. Give it a few weeks and some different position tries and find what is best for you!

Save 19% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment