Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sleep Innovations Supreme Elegance 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress

Sleep Innovations Supreme Elegance 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress, King SizeI upgraded from the Sleep Innovations 12-inch Sure Temp Memory Foam Mattress Queen Size to this. Now, I was already in love with my Sure Temp, so I had no idea where Sleep Innovations could make improvements.

Well, they did!

First, the biggest thing I noticed was the softness of the bed. I'd been sleeping with a memory foam and pillow top mattress topper on the Sure Temp since day 1 because, well, it was kind of hard. The Supreme Elegance, however, is a complete upgrade in comfort. It has just that right amount of withstanding to hold me up, while being soft enough to conform to my body. I can lay on my side and feel that my spine is straight, not slightly curved like it was with the Sure Temp.

The next thing I noticed was temperature. The Sure Temp was supposed to stay cool, but it didn't. Many mornings I would wake up sweating for no apparent reason, but, in the two weeks I've been using the Supreme Elegance, I haven't broke a sweat, yet, even with the vaporizer going in the room.

The layer of extra soft memory foam is what has me liking this bed a whole lot more. It may have 1" less base foam than the Sure Temp, but, I don't sink that low, so I never notice. The top layer, I notice!

It also has a little bit of a quilted pillow top to it, not too much to make it too foofy (you can do that yourself with a mattress topper, of course), but enough to let you know it's there.

There *is* a noticeable difference, although subtle. If you don't wake up with back pain in your current mattress you'll be amazed at how much back pain you really don't have when you wake up in one of these. They're amazing! I'm a Sleep Innovations customer for life, now.

Sleep Innovations Supreme Elegance 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress, Queen Size

This is my second Sleep Innovations memory foam mattress. Thanks to Amazon I am able to upgrade to this higher level of mattress and test it out. I've been sleeping on it a bit over a month and feel confident, I did the right thing. This mattress is better than my Sleep Innovations 12-inch Sure Temp Memory Foam Mattress Queen Size so the question is it worth about double the price.

The price judgment is, for me, based on how you sleep. I tend to sleep on my side and stomach. Both are very good mattresses. I fell in love with the first one and am becoming overjoyed with the new one. The sure Temp is a two layer foam version the Elegence is three layers. They are both 12" so the layers have to be thinner. That said the top layer is softer, but the mattress is still FIRM. One thing I immediately noticed was when I rolled onto my stomach, my knee was absorbed by the top layer and my leg was supported. I felt like I was floating with no stress. The Sure Temp didn't provide this feature yet was still very comfortable. I now find myself sleeping on my stomach more and getting a very good rest. Since changing to memory foam, morning back ache disappeared and that remains the same. Both are very good mattresses and are of high quality. The Elegence does kick it up a notch with a very elegant pretty gold threaded top cover. There is also a gold rope edge the trims the top. Very pretty, but you're going to put sheets on anyway. Still, it's a nice touch.

I let the mattress rest for three days after opening it on my living room floor. Most of the "new bed" odor dissipated and I don't notice it at all now. It is quite firm, even with the soft top. So was the previous version. Overall I'm very happy with it, especially being able to sleep on my stomach. I'm a big guy and the mattress supports me very well, in no way do I feel like I'm bottoming the foam. To care for it, you just spin it top to foot. It is a one sided mattress like most modern ones. You cannot take off the cover so if you soil it you can only spot treat it right there on the mattress. As for the price point, it is definitely a more premium mattress the Sure Temp, so it really is up to you. Both are very good and you won't be disappointed with either. If you tend to stomach sleep, I'd vote for the Elegence.

Update: July 17, 2012

Still loving the mattress. I haven't dented it yet and don't expect to. I sleep very well and am extremely pleased.

The mattress doesn't make me warm, but I find the memory foam pillows I got at Kohl's do. I just bought a Z pillow here on Amazon and am hoping that serves better. I'll review it later.

Buy Sleep Innovations Supreme Elegance 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress Now

This mattress is very comfortable.

It offers good support but is also soft which is a must for me.

It is well made and comes with a nice mattress cover.

If you are looking for a memory foam mattress that is SOFT and has good support at a great price this is the one for you.

Read Best Reviews of Sleep Innovations Supreme Elegance 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress Here

I've used the 10" Sleep Innovations Memory Foam mattress before, which just has two layers. Ultimately that mattress didn't prove to be my favorite, but for a memory foam it is great value.

This 12" Supreme memory foam adds an additional layer of super soft memory on top of it, and is a couple inches thicker. The extra inches are great for our platform bed (Ikea Malm) because on the higher setting on the bed the mattress sticks out far enough that it looks good, and when you sit down on it you don't hit the rail.

For comfort it seems softer when you initially sit down on it, it's still cushions but it doesn't seem like as much of a change to 'sink in'.

It's more expensive than the non-supreme versions, but it's still quite a bit cheaper than the 'name-brand' ones. It might be just a few inches of soft foam, but it seems to make a good amount of difference.

Want Sleep Innovations Supreme Elegance 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress Discount?

This is a Great product for price if you like a softbed. My wife and I puchased it as our old extra firm mattress was ~12years old and the springs were going. My wife thought a soft conformal bed would be good for her back (for many people it is) but she was wrong. We tried it (king size) for 3 weeks it ended up killing her back apparently there was a very good reason we'd been sleeping on a Extra Firm mattress. I thought the mattress was great and slept fine. We ended up returning it with about 1 week left on the guaranteed return time. Good price, great return policy, great softbed foam bed, but just too soft for her (her problem not the beds. If you are interested in a great memory foam bed for the price this maybe for you but if you are coming from an Extra Firm or Ultra Firm bed this may not be for you.

Save 34% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment