Buy Sleep Innovations Extra Comfort Memory Foam Grande Pillow Now
A year ago, I invested in a high-quality memory foam mattress because I was waking up at night with hip pain on my old-but-firm inner spring mattress. I had been wanting to try a memory foam pillow ever since I got the bed so, when I saw this pillow advertised as a memory foam pillow, I ordered it.My first error was that I apparently did not read the product description fully, because this is not at ALL what I expected. Most memory foam pillows are quite slim, but this one is HUGE and doesn't feel at all like a memory foam pillow. I guess the difference is that this pillow has memory foam at its core but is, in fact, a regular pillow AROUND a foam core, so you don't feel the foam at all (after much use, when the regular pillow stuffing gets flatter, you would probably feel it, but definitely not when it is new).
The pillow is very nice looking and seems very well made, so even though it wasn't what I had expected, I looked forward to trying it. Well...the first night didn't go so well. I don't think I made it 5 minutes before I had to throw it off the bed and revert to my old pillow. I am a side sleeper with a very short neck and this pillow is 5-6" high. I just could not get comfortable enough to go to sleep using this pillow. The next night, I fared better and got to sleep but think I ended up switching back to my old pillow during the night. I kept trying it, and it kept ending up on the floor, so I moved it back to my combination guest room/office. I take naps there some days, so I have continued to use it off and on; it seems to work better for a short nap than for a full night's sleep--for me at least.
Bottom Line: If you like a high, firm pillow or have a long neck, this may work great for you. If you prefer a slimmer pillow and/or are a side sleeper like me, this may not be the best pillow for you. I suspect that, once I am able to use the pillow enough that the batting around the memory core compresses, it could be a very comfortable pillow. As of now, though, it is still relegated to the guest bed.
Note: Some reviews commented that this pillow would not fit their regular pillowcases. I happened to have a set of new pillowcases still in the package that I was going to use for a craft project and they fit this pillow (just barely), so I didn't personally have a problem with that. It's possible that if I tried to use the pillow with one of my old pillowcases, this might not be the case.
Read Best Reviews of Sleep Innovations Extra Comfort Memory Foam Grande Pillow Here
Much too thick. Feel like I'm sitting up while trying to sleep. Good idea but needs some work. Does not fit in standard size case.Want Sleep Innovations Extra Comfort Memory Foam Grande Pillow Discount?
It is probably a fine pillow but it did not fit in any of our pillow cases. We tried standard and king size cases. What is the point of a pillow if it won't fit in a standard case?

No comments:
Post a Comment