Aug 2012 update:
We move across the country with this on our mattress. It's scuffed and a little rough looking, but didn't tear. Zipper still works-it's holding up very well.I bought this product a very long time agoalmost a year. Wrapped up my mattress and box spring, sprayed everything down. And no more bed bugs. I was at the point where I was getting 2-3 bites a night. My landlord didn't want to spend much money, so he gave me a sprayer and had me spray once a week. It didn't work. Definitely cut back on the bugs, but I was still getting tons of bites. Finally I convinced him to spend the money, before the bugs spread through the whole building. So I got these, and he hired a pro to come spray. I did take ALL of my clothes to be washed, and put them in big ziploc bags for a week or so afterwards. But honestly, after putting these on my mattresses and getting sprayed, haven't seen a single bug in 10 months, not a single bite. I'm convinced most of the bugs were living in my box springs, and they weren't able to escape. I bought the "extra deep" covers because of some reviews saying the cover was too tight, but I had no such problem. Its actually huge on my mattress now, and bags downwish I would've gotten the regular. But, I had no trouble getting them on, they came with no tears, and no bugs have been able to get through.
After all the horror stories I've heard about thousands of dollars spent and hours upon hours of vacuuming and cleaning, I was thrilled when a mattress cover, box spring cover, and one professional spray job was all it took.I got this as a prevenative measure when many of our neighors began having bedbug infestations. I figured I'd rather be safe than sorry...and I'm glad I did b/c we eventually had some of these "visitors" as well. Our mattress has remained bedbug free b/c of this cover. It doesn't make any noise when you lay on the bed and it's made of strong fibers that won't rip easliy. I would recommend, however, checking the depth of your mattress before purchasing b/c even though it feels strong, I can imagine it may rip (which will render it useless!) if the mattress is too big for it.it fits and does the job (so far) but it looks bit cheap, looks like paper not cloth. we will see hot long it would last or if it works.This cover is pretty much useless. I suppose it keeps bugs from getting in and out of the mattress, but it has 2 major flaws. First, it has a ton of folds and crevices. After a week, I noticed nests of bed bugs in these crevices. Second, it's not made from vinyl. I bought the vinyl box spring cover and there were absolutely no bed bugs on the vinyl cover. I don't think bed bugs like vinyl.
In fact, I ended up buying another vinyl box spring cover and putting it over this one. It's been over 2 weeks now and there's still no bed bugs on the vinyl covers.


No comments:
Post a Comment