Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pinzon 500-Thread Count Egyptian Cotton Sateen Sheet Set

Pinzon 500-Thread-Count Egyptian Cotton Sateen Queen Sheet Set, CreamBuy these sheets while you can, don't hesitate. These are superior sheets, the softest I have ever experienced, and today I am ordering 2 additional king sets and more for my guest room. I have used Egyptian sateen sheets for the last 25 years and have wanted to kick myself for not purchasing additional sets each time I had to replace my sheets---btw, I have only replaced my Egyptian sheets every 7 years. This time I am buying the extra sets. It was a hard decision, but I finally decided to disregard the unhappy reviews and order a Pinzon king set. I am so glad I took the chance.

The rough texture others experienced may result from how they were originally washed and dried. As soon as I received these sheets, I washed them in cold water with cold water Tide. I then dried them with some dryer sheets on the most delicate setting for about 15 minutes and then put them on air dry. That was it, they came out with very almost no wrinkles (I took them out immediately) and as soft as any sheet I have ever purchased. Today, I was washing an old set of sheets and one of my new Pinzon pillow cases went in with the old. I left everything in the dryer on high heat overnight. When I pulled the pillow case out it was rough, wrinkled, and did not even resemble my sheets. I threw it back in with my delicates on cold and long story short, it came out just beautifully. You will not have to treat these sheets so delicately after a few washes, but it is worth it to slide into sheer bliss when I go to bed. I am very picky, I will not sleep on crisp or rough sheets, so had these come out rough I would have returned them immediately for replacements.

The search for this product is confusing. You get a result for Queen sheet set and if you go to that page, you then select King. Amazon and the seller need to fix that.

These were awesome sheets coming out of the packaging and after a few washes they lost a little of their original softness. The one-star drawback for me was that they were marketed as deep fitting sheets. I found that not to be the case. These sheets on my 15" Cal King mattress are fully stretched to the corners with the sides not making it. At best, they were covering 75% of the mattress sides. Notice in the description that they don't identify what size mattress it can cover. I would guess no more than 12" by my experience.

Buy Pinzon 500-Thread Count Egyptian Cotton Sateen Sheet Set Now

After receiving my order of sheets, I washed them once and they are stiff and a rough. I can't understand how 500 thread count can be rough? Now reading other reviews of the product, I can now see that customers noticed the same that I did. The sheets are very thick compared to my 320 thread count sheets. I belive they are misleading people with the thread count advertised. I researched on Wikiapedia regarding the subject, and thread count is a measure of the coarseness or fineness of fabric. It is measured by counting the number of threads contained in one square inch of fabric, including both the length (warp) and width (weft) threads. It is used especially in regard to cotton linens such as bed sheets.

Thread count is a simple measure of fabric quality, so that "standard" cotton thread counts are around 150 while good-quality sheets start at 180 and a count of 200 or higher is considered percale. Extremely high thread counts (typically over 500) tend to be misleading as they usually use 'plied' yarns. i.e. one yarn that is made by twisting together multiple finer threads. For marketing purposes, a fabric with 250 yarns in both the vertical and horizontal direction could have the component threads counted to a 1000 thread count although "according to the National Textile Association, which cites the international standards group ASTM, accepted industry practice is to count each thread as one, even threads spun with twoor three-ply yarn. The Federal Trade Commission agrees and recently issued a warning that consumers 'could be deceived or misled' by inflated thread counts."[1]

I belive this to be true as the sheets are very thick and warm to there credit but not soft!!!

Read Best Reviews of Pinzon 500-Thread Count Egyptian Cotton Sateen Sheet Set Here

I ordered these along with a Pinzon duvet cover, and as advertised, the chocolate color matched perfectly. However, I was horrified when I first unwrapped the sheets. They were crispy, shiny, and stiff as the cardboard they were wrapped around. They actually crackled when folded, and they were shiny. I thought I had made a terrible mistake until I read other feedback. I washed them in cold/cold water on a delicate setting, with plenty of fabric softener, then dried them at the lowest temp. (This, by the way, is exactly what the tag instructs, but is totally opposite what I usually do with linens). They came out much much softer. After 2 days of sleeping on them, they were perfect. They're now very thick and lush and soft and matte finish. I've washed them 3 times with no pilling, stretching, shrinking, or decline in quality.

Just wash them in cool water and don't dry them to death, and they'll be fantastic.

Want Pinzon 500-Thread Count Egyptian Cotton Sateen Sheet Set Discount?

With so many rave reviews, I thought these sheets would be very soft. However, after repeated washings, they still feel rather stiff and uncomfortable. Definitely not cuddly. Glad I paid only a sale price. Color excellent.

Save 54% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment