Sunday, March 30, 2014

Adjust-Air Portable Lumbar Support

Adjust-Air Portable Lumbar SupportI am pleased with my purchase overall. I was leery when I unpacked the item, because I could feel the bulb/valve protruding under the embroidered "+" and "-" symbols on the face of the pillow. It was so much that I was positive that it would bother that side of my back. That turned out to not be the case.

The adjustability is key with this pillow. You can make it soft or firm. It also has an elastic strap, which secures the pillow to the back of the chair. This is the best part for me, because once it starts to bother part of my back after an hour or two, I can slide it up or down a little. This allows me to place pressure--and ultimately a stretch--on various parts of my back. I can feel a difference in my posture and I notice a difference when walking.

I would have given it 5 stars if the manufacturer could identify a way to conceal the pump and relief valve mechanism. Overall, this isn't a big deal. I would purchase again if I needed to.

I purchased this item for use in my Mazda Miata. When the support is not inflated the internal pump and valve assembly forms an uncomfortable lump in the pad. When inflated enough to hide the valve/pump the support is too big. The support was returned. I'd prefer an external pump to avoid the lump.

Buy Adjust-Air Portable Lumbar Support Now

This lumbar cushion gets alot of heavy duty, industrial use where I work and so far it's been up to the task. It replaces a similar product I was using by Obusforme which was nothing more than a glorified beach ball (it sprung two leaks after only two uses and after repairing these several times, the plug broke off and a third leak appeared, it went right into the garbage) This product, on the other hand, has MUCH better build quality and should last along time.I sit in several different chairs at work, most of them very poorly designed for ergonomics, and this cushion works well with all of them. It's easy to adjust the thickness with the internal pump, and when not in use it folds in half and wraps itself with its own straps into a small bundle. I've been using it for several weeks now and so far I am very satisfied with it.

Read Best Reviews of Adjust-Air Portable Lumbar Support Here

I bought this pillow as well as the similar one with the external hose and bulb available from M3 Distributors (also via Amazon). The $33.50 version seems to be a better pillow with better support, if you don't mind having the external bulb. For me, the external bulb is actually kind of nice in the car because it's much easier to adjust.

I was a little confused about how this pillow worked, since it just mentions pressing the "+" and "-" buttons. However, the embroidered buttons simply mark what appears to be the same bulb mechanism--it's just sewn into the pillow itself. The benefit of this is you don't have an external hose flopping around getting caught on things. However, the downside is that it's a little harder to reach back and inflate when you're sitting against it. Another drawback is that it's possible to lean against the "-" button area, which can push the air release valve open. Also, fully inflated, this pillow doesn't give quite as much lumbar support as the $33.50 external hose version.

Overall, I'm happy with both versions of pillows. The external hose one I use in the car, and this sewn-in version I use around the house and office. It's easier to carry around and it provides sufficient support. Definitely worth the $20 for even a little relief for my herniated lumbar disk.

Want Adjust-Air Portable Lumbar Support Discount?

The designer chose the worst possible place for the pressure release valve. Unless the seat-back of your chair or car seat is flat, the moment you press your back against this lumbar support, you are going to release the pressure every time.

Most seat-backs, especially in cars are curved which causes the pressure relive valve to push against your side. Even when the seat-back is flat, the chances of accidentally releasing the pressure are great unless the support is fully inflated.

Also, the pump is not very efficient and it take a lot of work to get this thing inflated. And, the placement of the pump is also unfortunate you feel it under your back and after a while it becomes uncomfortable. Plus, it's hard to adjust the pressure when it is strapped to the seat-back.

For me, this thing is completely useless.

Save 5% Off

No comments:

Post a Comment