Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sunset and Vine Woodland 8-Piece Comforter Set, Black/White

Sunset and Vine Woodland 8-Piece King Comforter Set, Black/WhiteI absolutely love this comforter set! I bought it for a multitude of reasons. One, I was in desperate need of a new comforter set, and this one popped up and was absolutely gorgeous! Two, I plan on moving in with my boyfriend in the near future, and this matches perfectly with the way he has his bedroom decorated: black and white trees. Also, throw in the wall decal he has that includes little black birds, and guess what, it matches perfectly with the reversible side! I bought this in a king, because that's the size of my boyfriend's bed. Mine (which this comforter is currently on) is only a queen, but I'm a blanket-hog and I cocoon myself in blankets when I sleep, and the added length is perfect!

I was a bit skeptical with ordering a comforter set online. But, I'm lazy and didn't want to go to the store--online allows for more and better options. I didn't know what quality this would be, and for nearly 100$, I was freaking out. How would the blankets feel? How would those little extra throw pillows feel? It was definitely worth everything! Worth the price, and worth the wait as it shipped--which, surprisingly, it shipped much quicker than expected.

Being a king, I assume that's the reason why the pillowcases are massive. I have regular sized pillows, so there's a lot of extra room in there, but thankfully the pillowcases (not the shams, the ones that have the tree decorations and are reversible to show the birds) are zippered, and my pillows have no risk of slipping out due to added room.

The one thing I am worried about is washing it. As in one of the other reviews, the cotton in the comforter doesn't appear to be stitched in place. I don't want it to bundle up in the washer or dryer. One of my cats has fallen in LOVE with this comforter. She has taken over my bed. Unfortunately, as the set is white and black, it is extremely easy to see the cat hair from all of my cats: white and gray, orange, and black and tan. So I am hoping that it holds up through washes, I would hate for this to end up a bust.

I was excited to see this set had such a high rating when I ordered it but once I received it was surprised that it did. There were a few ratings that stated the quality was poor and unfortunately they were right. As far as the positive ratings I assume those consumers either just aren't picky or have never had a decent bedding set.

Pros:

Great pattern

Good price

Comforter is just the right thickness

Cons:

Fabric is matte/rough/extremely thin

Seams are loosely sewn with end threads hanging out

Black embroidery on accent white bird pillow has a lot of white peeking through

You can feel the filling moving around inside comforter

I had high hopes for this set as I love the design but it is extremely poor quality. I would say even made fairly worse than any bedding I've ever bought at Target or Ikea. I took everything out of the bag to look at it and returned it back to UPS the same day. The fabric is so thin and rough and itchy. It vaguely reminds me of the polyester material cheap haloween costumes are made out of. The seams are so loose that I would be afraid to sleep/roll around with it much less wash it. There were a lot of loose threads hanging off the eges and when I very gently pull the seam started to come out and some created pulls in the fabric. You can feel the filling moving away from the edges inside the comforter because the edges and filling are not sewn together. I am not someone who has unreasonable expectations as far as quality either. I wish I would have taken pictures to attach for others to see before returning but just wanted to get the thing back in the mail so I can get something else.

Buy Sunset and Vine Woodland 8-Piece Comforter Set, Black/White Now

The value is OK for the money you spend on this. Decent comforter. I guess you get what you pay for. I went from a $800.00 comforter and I think my disappointment is due to going from a very high comforter to a low/medium end comforter. I noticed that the shams are kind of floppy and the material is not very well made but I feel OK for the amount of money that I spent. The seller packaged the set well and it arrived exactly when it was supposed to. If you are looking for a budget comforter this is the one I would rate it a 3.

Read Best Reviews of Sunset and Vine Woodland 8-Piece Comforter Set, Black/White Here

I loved the looks of this set. but I bought it and it only lasted maybe a month. the comforter came apart. cheaply made

Want Sunset and Vine Woodland 8-Piece Comforter Set, Black/White Discount?

Really happy with the aesthetic of the design/color scheme. Most of the pillows just sit in my closet though. Would have preferred it came with sheets instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment