Monday, December 30, 2013

Gel Double Layer Memory Foam Pillow by Chili Technologies

Gel Double Layer Memory Foam Pillow by Chili TechnologiesThis pillow is very high quality. You can tell by how heavy it is. This is comparable to the high end Tempurpedic/Simmons pillows. It's not like those cheap ones you can find at costco or elsewhere. The memory foam is VERY FIRM and has a fast "spring back".

The Tencel cover also feels very high quality, and is very soft to the touch. It has little dimples in the fabric which seem like they would provide for some ventilation.

Everything about this pillow is great, except for its advertised cooling. Lying on it, I really don't feel any cooling at all. The gel, if anything, feels like it heats up quickly and holds onto the heat. The memory foam part feels cooler than the gel part.

The smell is also minimal. I just received the product, so I will let it degas for a day or two. But I expect it to fully degas, which I cannot say for other products.

I can recommend this pillow if you like high-loft extra firm pillows (which I do) but cannot recommend it for the cooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment